Vacation apartment or vacation home in Spain for unforgettable travel moments
Do not forget: With a vacation home, you are not simply renting a house - you are finding a real home away from home. Especially as a family you benefit from independence and the pure feeling of freedom. Only you determine the meal times and the program. There is plenty to discover: Whether you sunbathe by the pool in your finca, go for a walk on the sandy beach, or take a trip to one of the historical cities is up to you. Our experienced team of travel consultants has compiled the most important tips for unique vacations in Spain for you.
The most beautiful vacation regions in Spain
This coastal strip starts at the famous Costa Brava in Catalonia and continues to the fashionable Valencia. Between the beach and the city, you will certainly never get bored here. On the sun-drenched Costa del Sol in Andalusia, you'll enjoy fine dining and visit impressive works of architecture.
The Balearic Islands
The three islands - Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza - are rightly among the most popular vacation regions in Spain. On the largest Balearic island, Majorca, you will find numerous bays inviting for swimming and beautiful hiking trails in the interior. On Menorca, the little sister, it is more quiet. Here you can enjoy the typical life with local food and cozy restaurants - of course located directly at the sea. On Ibiza, meanwhile, young and young-at-heart nightlife fans get their money's worth. But this does not mean that there is nothing to see for nature lovers! Let yourself be surprised by the magic of Ibiza and explore the Mediterranean island from your vacation apartment.
The Canary Islands
Located next to the Western Sahara in the Atlantic Ocean, the Canary Islands enchant with their eternal spring. Almost all year round pleasantly warm temperatures prevail on the seven islands. On Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote you can expect wonderful vacation homes with that certain something - such as your own pool or private beach access. The smaller islands like El Hierro, on the other hand, offer themselves as special day trips. Here you'll encounter pristine beaches.
The Basque country with the artful Bilbao and the coasts of Galicia with their green meadows are for much more real insider tips. Northern Spain, by the way, is also perfect for hikers. Explore the numerous routes in the Pyrenees or embark on part of the Way of St. James. In your traditional finca, your temporary home, you will recover from the many impressions of the untouched nature.
The best ways to spend your vacations in Spain
As a family
Numerous bays invite you to swim with fine sandy beaches and azure waters. Families with small children will also quickly feel at home here. The beaches drop off slowly in many places. The spacious fincas also provide privacy. Here you don't have to fight over a deck chair at the pool.
Our excursion tips for the whole family:
- The Algar waterfalls near the Costa Blanca. Young and old splash around in natural pools.
- On Tenerife, one of the largest water parks in Europe awaits you with the Siam Park.
- In the Terra Mítica theme park in Benidorm in the Valencia region, you can experience five great civilizations of the Mediterranean: Egypt, Greece, Rome, Iberia and the islands.
As a sportsman
Whether sunbathing, swimming, diving, hiking, biking or climbing - the Iberian Peninsula and the Spanish islands are also ideal for your next active vacation.
Our recommendations to experience Spain in a sportive way:
- Kitesurfing in northern Spain - a total of 48 kite spots await you here.
- Horseback riding in the interior of Mallorca - pure relaxation
- Kayak tour at the Costa Brava in Catalonia - discover hidden bays
As a bon vivant
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach - and this is also true when traveling. In Spain you will experience true culinary highlights. At the various tapas restaurants, you can test your appetite by sampling a wide variety of delicacies. And after a traditional paella, you'll end up at home in your vacation home with a full belly in your bed. How about trying out some of the country's typical dishes right in your temporary home? For the Tortilla Española you only need potatoes, egg, onions and enough oil.
Our tips for culinary experiences:
- Choose a vacation home near one of the many inland wineries.
- La Boqueria - the indoor market on La Rambla in Barcelona is a culinary highlight for every visitor to the Spanish metropolis.
- In the Canary Islands, discover how gofio (roasted corn) enhances both sweet and savory dishes.
As a culture fan
Whether it's Bilbao, Barcelona, Málaga or La Palma in Majorca, you'll immediately fall under the spell of those steeped in history. The culture of Spain
Our excursion tips for :
- Art lovers will enjoy works of modern art in the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. But the building itself is also worth seeing. Architect Frank O. Gehry came up with very special shapes and structures for the building.
- Architecture lovers will be amazed by the Mezquita mosque and cathedral in Córdoba. But also the old town of Granada and the palace complex Alhambra were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984 and are definitely a "must-see".
- Flamenco dance originated in Andalusia and is celebrated every year for a whole month with the Bienal de Arte Flamenco. In the odd years the festivities take place in Malaga and in the even years in Seville. During the rest of the year, the best way to experience the dance culture is to attend a flamenco show in a tablaos (a restaurant with a stage for flamenco performances) or a theater.
More tips for pleasant vacations in Spain
Information for vacations with dog
Vacation homes that welcome dogs can be found all over Spain. To find such a domicile, simply use the filter function. To enjoy the time with your four-legged friend in tourist areas, we advise you to travel in low season. During peak travel times, dogs are less welcome on many beaches and in restaurants. However, especially on the Atlantic coast, there are many small and hidden bays where your dog can also enjoy the sun.
As a dog owner, what do you need to take with you on vacation? Take your dog passport with you, which proves that your dog is chipped and vaccinated against rabies. It is also advisable to check your pet's health before traveling.
Climate and best time to travel
Basically, Spain and the Balearic Islands can be visited all year round. On the Canary Islands you can expect spring-like temperatures even in the winter months. On the mainland it will be pleasant from April/May and until late summer in September/October. The more southern you are, the hotter it gets. The sea water then forms the best cooling. A visit is also worthwhile in the low season, when the popular vacation regions are quieter to explore.
Travel and mobility
The fastest way to reach the vacation destinations in Spain from Switzerland is by plane. Of course, cars or trains can also take you to your destination. But for this you will have to accept longer journeys. Locally, you are well connected with public transport.